The purpose of the introduction of video conferencing
For the introduction of videoconferencing manager (decision maker), an organization needs to determine the primary purpose of: conducting meetings, staffing, efficiency in decision-making, monitoring, remote education, consulting physicians, conduct hearings, examine witnesses and so on.
Please keep in mind the basic rules of videoconferencing:
- equipment from the transmit / receive should be of one manufacturer;
- guaranteed high-speed communications service, or leased line connection for videoconferencing sessions;
- stable and reliable supply of telecommunications equipment and video conferencing;
- optimum noise-and echo-absorbing features of the premises in which the equipment will be installed video conferencing;
- correct location of videoconferencing equipment in relation to the light background of the premises;
- correct setup of telecommunications equipment and video conferencing service quality communications services with prioritization of data;
- qualified service technicians;
High Definition Videoconferencing
Class of high-definition (English High Definition or English. HD) appeared in connection with the issuance to the market videoconferencing systems with higher resolution than 4CIF, that is, resolution HD (1280x720), which requires several times more pixels for imaging compared with standard video conferencing, and, respectively, for the transfer need a high speed.
The emergence of high definition video conferencing facilitated by several factors:
- in Western countries was a massive transition to digital television, which monitors, cameras, cameras began to support High Definition;
- in addition to H.323 has been ratified by a video compression standard H.264, which provides a more efficient compression algorithm is cumbersome to transfer video files over a network, including wireless;
- at the same time the market was issued a new generation of high performance specialty processors for video processing.
The term High Definition is not defined by any standard. He appeared as a marketing concept that involves the transmission of video images with a resolution of 4CIF and above its support of higher-quality sound. Image quality level of HD can be obtained when the channel width of at least 1 Mbps. In the absence of the required bandwidth HD technology allows you to adapt to existing communication channel, that is, if the bandwidth is not enough to maintain quality of HD, a videoconferencing system will refuse to work, and just automatically selects the proper speed of standard quality.
Telepresence (English TelePresence) - the technology of video conferencing sessions, providing the maximum possible effect of presence. In practice, this is a set of high-definition video class in conjunction with other equipment.
Small differences from the equipment of high-definition video conferencing:
- increased clarity;
- improved audio quality that is achieved due to the high sampling rate (up to 22 kHz) and surround sound;
- increased bandwidth connection.
Thanks telepresence become available the following features:
- play the slightest emotional expressions interlocutor;
- image scaling to the size of a real person;
- masking technology items (cameras, microphones, television frame matrices) and so on.